Gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA) is one of the major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system, balancing the excitatory effects of glutamate on neuronal activity. The inhibitory effects of GABA are generally considered to lessen anxiety, relax muscle tension, and have sedative-like effects. In addition, conditions such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and epilepsy have all been associated with low GABA concentration or activity. GABA has also been shown to cause a significant increase in alpha brain waves compared to control, indicative of a more relaxed state, as well as better concentration. In a clinical trial involving
patients with a fear of heights, GABA-Pro was found to increase salivary levels of sIgA while crossing a suspension bridge, as compared to the control group whose salivary IgA levels dropped 35%. This is indicative of the stress reducing effect of GABA-Pro.
Increasing GABA activity is also a therapeutic target for many medications used in the treatment of insomnia, often by targeting GABAA receptors. This has the effect of decreasing waking, shorten sleep latency, and increasing slow-wave sleep.
- Fast acting due to its natural form, effects can be felt in as little as five minutes and can last from four to six hours
- Complements other antistress supplements, improving calmness and relaxation while coping with daily stress and reduces the negative effects of caffeine consumption
- Gentle and non-addictive with virtually no side effects, unlike pharmaceutical GABA-enhancing medications
- GABA-Pro uses Pharma GABA, a naturally sourced form superior to that of synthetic GABA
- Naturally manufactured via a fermentation process that utilizes Lactobacillus hilgardii, the bacterium used to ferment vegetables in the preparation of the traditional Korean dish known as kimchi.
- Easy to swallow
- Highly bioavailable vegetarian capsule
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings per Container: 45
2 Capsules Provide:
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA)......................................................... 200 mg
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water, silica), rice powder, magnesium stearate (vegetable grade), silica.
1–2 capsules up to 3 times per day or as directed by a health care professional.
While no specific contraindications exist or are predicted, data is lacking for use during pregnancy, lactation, and in children, and the dosage may need to be reduced for those less than 18.
No known drug interactions have been documented for GABA-Pro, though theoretical concern exists for interaction with CNS depressants.
Product contains no: artificial preservatives, colors or sweeteners; no dairy, gluten, soy or wheat.